Cody Rigley – MVP Athlete

Throughout all four of his years at Berkley High School, Cody Rigley has been one of the most versatile athletes the school has seen. Rigley played varsity football, basketball, and baseball throughout his time at BHS. A three year player for the varsity football and baseball squad, and a two year member of the varsity basketball team, Cody has shown the Berkley community that he can do it all. Rigley describes his high school experience as, “Difficult, but rewarding. It has definitely been really hard on my body, and fighting through injuries has always been tough, but it just motivates me even more to come back the next year and work even harder.”
Without question, playing three sports will take a toll on your body, especially playing for four consecutive years, but it was all worth it for the 3-sports athlete. He says, “I’m very honored to receive this award, it shows that all my hard work, dedication, and sacrifices I’ve made haven’t gone unnoticed. I believe I’m deserving of this award because I’ve been playing three sports since freshman year, and as a sophomore, I played two sports at the varsity level.”

I’m very honored to receive this award, it shows that all my hard work, dedication, and sacrifices I’ve made haven’t gone unnoticed.

— Cody Rigley

Rigley is unsure of his plans for next year, as he is still deciding between Kalamazoo College and Alma College, where he is planning to play football, and hopefully baseball as well. Wherever Cody decides to go, there is no doubt that he will bring his dedication, passion, and determination to get better every day along with him.