Bears of Berkley: Sophomores, Brandon Levine

Photo by Brandon Levine

What’s your favorite extracurricular activity in Berkley High School?

I love playing on the Berkley Wrestling team because it is only a small group of us, but we are a community. We all work very hard together, hype each other up for the meets, and push each other to do our best. Also, Coach Fritz is an awesome coach.

What are some classes you are hoping to take as an upperclassman?

I want to do AP Chem. Even though it is one of the harder classes at the school, I am excited for that challenge. Also, it has a lot to do with math, and I am pretty good at math, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to normal math class.

College is far away, but are there any schools you are hoping to attend?

If I had to pick, I would love to get into Michigan because not only is it unbelievable academically, but I have been cheering for Michigan since I was a little kid. I have gone to so many different sporting events, and I believe that the atmosphere would be incredible. I know so many people who have absolutely loved the school.

What is one piece of advice you have for freshmen?

I would tell freshmen to take their classes seriously but have fun in extracurriculars. For example, I love sports, so I have had an absolute blast playing sports for Berkley. You make tons of friends while representing your school in the sport that you love.

What is one question you want to ask seniors?

I would ask seniors if doing a lot of AP classes was beneficial or if they took up too much time. I am wondering what AP classes are the best to take at Berkley and which ones would Seniors not recommend.

What is one thing that makes you proud to be a Berkley Bear?

I am proud to be a Berkley bear because of the community. Everyone from friends to faculty is there for each other. Even though we might not be the biggest school, we definitely show school spirit at the sports and other events.

What is one goal you hope to achieve by the time you graduate?

My goal is to get into a good college while playing sports at a high level. I want to try to make varsity in both soccer and wrestling while also getting into a great college, preferably Michigan.