The Student News Site of Berkley High School

THE SPECTATOR

THE SPECTATOR

THE SPECTATOR

All The Best Events Coming To Detroit

Photo courtesy of 313 Presents
Primus performs to a sold-out crowd at Meadowbrook Amphitheatre in Rochester Hills in 2022. They will return to Michigan in May while on tour

As a popular city for artists to stop in on tours, Detroit has become a must for every star to visit, with big names in music like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran headlining shows earlier this year. With this in mind, a lot more bands, solo artists, comedians, and others are making their way towards The D in the coming months. Here are a few that’ll be headlining shows soon:

Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO)
Most famous for their rock cover of the Christmas song “Carol of The Bells”, TSO is making their way to Detroit for a Christmas-themed concert with all their best songs on December 23rd at Little Caesars Arena.

Cedric The Entertainer
A legend amongst the stand-up comedy community who’s also been in several movies and TV shows, Cedric will host a night of comedy at the SoundBoard Theater inside Motor City Casino on January 12th.

Madonna
As a part of the North American leg of her Celebration Tour, Michigan native Madonna will light up Little Caesars Arena on January 15th with special guest Caldwell Tidicue, a comedian and drag queen.

Tim Allen
Known for his show “Home Improvement” and for voicing Buzz Lightyear in the “Toy Story” franchise, Detroit legend Tim Allen will return to Michigan for one night only with a comedy special on February 3rd at the Fox Theater.

Playboi Carti
Originally scheduled for October, rapper Playboi Carti will be stopping in Detroit as a part of his Antagonist Tour on February 8th at Little Caesars Arena.

Olivia Rodrigo
Known for her songs like “vampire” and “bad idea right?” pop star Olivia Rodrigo will play at Little Caesars Arena on March 23rd as part of her Guts World Tour to promote her new album of the same name.

Motor City Blues Festival (MCB)
For the 16th year in a row, the MCB Festival will celebrate musicians of the popular “Detroit Blues” genre, which is a distinctive variant of blues music with roots in southeast Michigan. The festival stops at the Fox Theater on March 23rd.

2024 NFL Draft
As a perfect way to complement the Lions dominating their season, the NFL has selected Detroit to host the upcoming draft for next season. Taking over Hart Plaza and Campus Martius Park April 25th-27th, drawing thousands of fans to The Motor City to root for their home team.

Primus
Best known as the composers of the “South Park” theme song, Colorado-based band Primus will open Pine Knob Music Theater in Clarkston for the venue’s summer season on May 2.

As you can see, Detroit is clearly becoming a hotspot for any artist on tour and looking for a city that will have a great crowd turnout and revenue. This is clearly the case because according to a report from the news site Crain’s Detroit Business, concert and event ticket sales in Detroit have increased 230% since 2017. That year the new Little Caesars Arena opened, with the building becoming the modern concert venue for music artists. The new arena also attracted the Pistons to move to Detroit from the Oakland County suburb of Auburn Hills that year, bringing all the concert and sports revenue from their former arena with them, which benefited the sales in Detroit even further. With revenue and ticket sales booming for artists, a bunch of interesting and entertaining events are on their way to Detroit soon to benefit from the financial benefits of performing in the Motor City.