Bears of Berkley- Junior, Justin Findling

Photo by Violet Karp

Q: Do you like attending Berkley sporting events? If so, which sport is your favorite?
A: Yes, I love attending Berkley school events. It allows me to see my friends out of school and meet new people! I generally like to go to basketball, soccer, and football games. Most people are usually at those games, so I have more opportunity to interact with Berkley students.

Q: What goals or accomplishments do you feel you have achieved in high school?
A: My freshman and sophomore year I had always wanted to be in student leadership but never joined. This year I finally tried out, and I was really worried I wouldn’t get in, but I did! Being in student leadership feels like a huge honor and accomplishment, and it truly increases my confidence.

Q: If you had more time, what would you like to learn more of in your favorite class?
A: If we had more time in AP World, I would like to learn more about the origins of world religion. Religion is something I’ve always been interested in, and I would love to have the opportunity to understand them better.

Q: What do you remember about your first day of high school as a freshman?
A: My first day of high school was a little nerve- wracking for me. It was a completely new environment, but going into high school I had a great group of friends, so I wasn’t too worried. I knew that we were all going to go through the same thing and that we would be able to get through it together.

Q: Who has offered you the most useful school advice, and what was it?
A: My older sister Hannah had experienced Berkley before I did, so whenever I had questions she always had answers for me. She told me not to take Honors English nine when I was a freshman because it was extremely difficult. This advice allowed me to have a very stress free first year of high school, which I am very thankful for.

Q: What is one perk of being an upperclassman?
A: When I was an underclassman at football games, I always would admire the juniors and seniors who were having so much fun at the front of the bleachers. Now that I am an upperclassman, I am able to have the fun that I had been so envious of during my first two years of school, which is great. Also, I am so familiar with the school at this point that I am no longer nervous about getting from class to class.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher?
A: My favorite teacher is Mrs. Meinhart. I had her for algebra II last year. She was extremely helpful. If I was ever confused in math, she would take the time to make sure I understood the unit and got the help I needed. She made my sophomore year much better, and I was always able to look forward to her class.