Revyze: New Educational App

Revyze
A sneak peak of the app.

The tears, anger, and frustration teenagers face from SAT preparation are no fun. Usually after feeling this way, you resign to scrolling on social media because it’s a much easier task than studying, doing work, and learning new concepts. Instead of scrolling through memes and ‘how to’ videos, you can open your phone to free academic videos that will help your frustration. These videos are set up in a way where it feels like you’re on social media, but you’re actually achieving academic goals. You can access this awesome app “Revyze” on the app store.
To learn more about the app, I talked to Jeremy Gross, the leader of the launch in the U.S., and Guillaume Perrot, the co-CEO and co-founder of the app.

What is Revyze?
Revyze is an educational platform that may feel like TikTok or Instagram reels. Any student or teacher can create and submit videos but every video is moderated, nothing goes live without being approved. There are also quizzes you can take that help you study. The app was only released a year ago, so currently we are prioritizing, and we find that the SAT is a huge targeted market we felt needed to be reached. By the end of this year, the app will also be for ACT prep, and then eventually any academic videos you may need. In the future we are also looking forward to adding AP and college application process advice to the app.
Where has Revyze launched so far?

We created the company in August of 2022 and since then we have only launched in France, Switzerland, Belgium, and now in the United States. We officially launched in the U.S. on September 20th 2023. At first, this was just a community launch, but now it is launched big.

What was the motivation to bring Revyze to the United States?
The app started in France one year ago, and within that time, it quickly flourished to become the #1 app on the French App Store, with 400,000 students using it. The app was an overall success with millions of videos viewed and quizzes performed. With the U.S. being one of the biggest markets on earth, we figured it would be interesting to see if it could work here. Resources in the U.S. for SAT prep are fairly limited, but Revyze is free, so this could help those who can’t afford the expensive preparation. There is a clear correlation between wealth and high scores on the SAT, and that is not fair to everyone. These tests in particular are especially impactful for your future, and we want to make sure everyone has an equal chance, which is the reason behind our motivation.
How is Revyze Impactful?
The app is structured like TikTok but with 100% educational videos. This way, students feel as if they are scrolling on TikTok, but really they are studying. There is also an algorithm that makes concepts or videos appear multiple times. This way there is repetition, so you can repeat the content. This makes memorization a lot easier. These videos also allow you to match your learning style in an easier way for you, it individualizes your learning.
Education is the key to moving up in life, and a lot of people can’t afford tutors. This app allows you to have access to the resources needed. Gross and Perrot also shared that you are more likely to memorize the content taught when using this environment. It’s also proven that when reiterating what you learned, you become more fluent in the topic. Revyze encourages this tactic by allowing anyone to submit videos to be verified. Revyze is a great learning platform that everyone should test out.