Owen Pittman – Most Likely to Succeed

Owen Pittman is the recipient of this year’s Senior Standout, “Most Likely to Succeed.” Describing how he feels receiving this award, he explains that he is extremely honored and humbled. Owen has worked very hard in high school to enrich his experiences and to build a bright future for himself. In the fall, Owen will be attending Georgia Institute of Technology on a full-ride scholarship to study chemical and biomolecular engineering. He states, “I could not be more excited. I can’t wait to make my mark on the world and do that through science, something that I truly love.” Owen could not have done it without a strong support system and great mentors such as Mr. Fadior, Mr. Meacham, and his family and friends.

He characterizes himself as a hard worker who puts 110% into everything he does. He describes, “I have a very focused mission in life. I am deeply interested in chemistry and engineering, and I have a clear picture in my mind of how I can use those things to make an impact on the world in a way that leaves a lasting positive effect.” In terms of Owen’s high school experiences, he took “great classes and met a lot of great people,” whom, he believes, without which he wouldn’t be where he is today.

I can’t wait to make my mark on the world and do that through science, something that I truly love.

— Owen Pittman

Pittman explains that being president of the Berkley High School chapter of the National Honor Society is the extracurricular that has set him up to succeed the most in high school and beyond. He helped conduct volunteer events and acted as a strong leader for many students and other people in the Berkley community. Pittman has a mission to do good for the world, and in his words, “that’s what it’s all about.”