Blake Phillips – Student Leadership

Blake Phillips – Student Leadership

Blake Phillips has unarguably been one of the most determined and involved students at BHS in his four years here. Phillips is the student body president of Berkley, and it is safe to say that he is more than deserving of his role due to his leadership, motivation and enthusiasm as a leader of the BHS community. “Student Leadership has been an amazing experience for me. It has taught me so much and has contributed so much in making me who I am today. I wouldn’t trade my time in Student Leadership for anything,” states Phillips. He has been a vital piece in organizing events, dances, and spirit weeks at school. His courage and leadership has been a huge part of the success the school has experienced in the past three years.
“I’m very excited and honored to receive this award. This is something that I’m very proud of and will be special to me forever. I think I got this award because I’m a very outspoken and passionate person, and I’m good at letting my qualities be heard around the community.”
Phillips is attending Michigan State University in the fall where he will be studying business at the Residential Business College. He is unsure of his future in student leadership at school, but plans to bring his leadership skills along with him in whatever path his life takes him on. “I plan to take initiative every day in my life. Whatever situation it may be, I am going to make sure I can do all I can to build strength within myself and the community around me.”