Bears of Berkley: Freshman, Mia Mracna

Photo by Scarlett Buick

Q: What was the biggest change you noticed from middle school to high school?

A: Probably how you can do so many more things like join or make clubs and going off campus for lunch. I know that there is a diversity club that’s here at Berkley that we didn’t have in middle school.

Q: What is one thing that caught you by surprise when you got to high school?

A: I would say the rules and restrictions on students are much more lenient here at BHS than in middle school. Things like lunch and passing time are different as well.

Q: What is one goal you hope to achieve by the time you graduate?

A: My goal is to meet new people, make new friends, and get good grades. I am excited about my upcoming years here at Berkley.

Q: What is your favorite school subject to learn about?

A: Math, because I can always prove that I am right or wrong. I’m taking two math classes this year, AP Sstatistics and Pre-Calculus. I manage them both by getting my homework done in class when given time and completing homework the night it’s given.

Q: Do you have an idea of what classes you want to take next year?

A: I know I want to take Hhonors English next year because I think it’s important to know a lot of writing skills because you will need it for the rest of your life.

Q: What is one thing that makes you proud to be a Berkley Bear?

A: Being in a community with such nice people and respectful teachers. It’s nice being outside of school and seeing everyone get along.