Junior Bear of Berkley, Charlie Price

Junior Bear of Berkley, Charlie Price
Photo by Violet Karp

Q: Do you like attending Berkley sporting events? If so, which sport is your favorite?
A: I love attending Berkley sporting events. I enjoy participating in showing my school spirit, and it is always so great to be able to cheer on my friends who are playing. My favorite sport to attend is basketball because everyone is always very spirited at basketball games.

Q: What goals or accomplishments do you feel you have achieved in high school?
A: Getting into student leadership was a huge accomplishment for me. I had always wanted to be more involved in the school, so student leadership seemed like a great opportunity for me. I had always known it was competitive to be accepted into it, so when I was, I felt very proud of myself.

Q: If you had more time, what would you like to learn more of in your favorite class?
A: If I had more time, I wish that I was able to learn more about ecosystems in biology. I’ve always been really interested in animals, so I was very passionate about learning during this unit.

Q: What do you remember about your first day of high school as a freshman?
A: On myMy first day as a high schooler I was super excited. I was finally in school with my brother again, who was a senior at the time. We went to drive to school again and being able to show up with him made me feel super old. The first day was super exciting for me because of all of that.

Q: Who has offered you the most useful school advice, and what was it?
A: My older brother Devin definitely offered me the most useful school advice. When I got to highschool, he had already gone through and experienced three full years of it. He offered me information about what classes I should and shouldn’t take and how to manage my time wisely.

Q: What is one perk of being an upperclassman?
A: One perk is that while in student sections at sporting events, being an upperclassman allows you to sit closer to the actual game. You are able to see what is happening easier and you are better able to experience the game, which is a huge perk.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher?
A: My favorite teacher is Ms. Nixon. She made my freshman year fun while still educational. I always looked forward to her class and she made me able to look forward to the rest of highschool.