Berkley Just Got Sweeter With Bombshell

Jill Kasle

This year, Berkley is welcoming a new storefront that will make the community a little bit sweeter! Bombshell Treat Bar will be supplying the city with delicious handcrafted ice cream bars dipped in chocolate. With many highschoolers keeping up on the newest ice cream trends, it’s exciting that Bombshell Treat Bar is always changing their menus with seasons, trends, and even local sporting events! They will be opening in April, so look out when you’re headed to lunch! In the following interview, Jill Kasle, the owner and operator, tells readers what they can expect from their next trip to Bombshell.

Jill Kasle is a graduate of the University of Michigan, but her degree is not in ice cream design. She first graduated with a degree in Economics and she continued her career in marketing with automotive companies. Her dream was to move to New York and go into culinary school. While that dream of hers never happened, she took the leap of faith and started her very own Bombshell Treat Bar. She says she couldn’t have done it without her two daughters and the immense support from her family and friends! Kasle adds that “I am so proud of what I have been able to create and accomplish, and can’t wait to bring our over-the-top treats to Berkley!”

I asked Kasle why they chose Berkley and how it suits their business front. She says that they couldn’t have chosen a better place to “put down roots” because it was such a welcoming community that offered a lot of “diversity, creativity, and love”. Bombshell is so excited to open their doors to Berkley because they feel confident that the support and excitement they have already received has given them such a feel good vibe.

To create a business with a solid plan, so much thinking comes into play. Kasles describes it as her “aha moment”. She reflects on why and how she felt so strongly about her ideas. While she was eating dessert with her family, she couldn’t wait to get home and start writing down her ideas. “After hours of research and meetings with restaurant industry professionals, I brought my idea to life”. Bombshell was then launched in 2020 during the pandemic which was a roller coaster to begin their journey. From 2020, Bombshell Treat Bar has not only expanded their business to their store front, but has pop ups at The Rust Belt in Ferndale and Coffee and Bark in Berkley. Kasle explains “It makes me feel so good to create food that people love. It truly fills my heart to know that our treats bring people joy, create memories, and make the world a little bit brighter. This is our greatest motivator and I can’t wait to see how far we can take it!”

For the Bombshell team to gather new ideas for their rotating menu, Kasle makes sure to incorporate seasons, holidays, and trends to create popular designs/flavors for their treats. She says that “Pinterest and Instagram are platforms I visit when I’m looking for inspiration. While there is a lot to dislike about social media, I do believe that it can be an incredible resource when researching the latest industry trends and uncovering out-of-the-box ideas.” She comments that the most important thing to her is if it will bring smiles to the customers faces whether it’s in trend or not.

Starting in April, visit Bombshell Treat Bar for an amazing treat. Bring your friends and come try any of their one of a kind desserts!