Senior Sunday — Mico Rubio

Chuck Andersen

Rubio on the soccer field

Meet Mico Rubio:

Q: What is your favorite school club, activity, or elective?
A: My favorite elective is team sports. I like the class a lot because you can move around, be active, and get your competitive spirit out.

Q: What is your favorite school subject to learn about?
A: My favorite subject is math. I have always liked it because I love the feeling of satisfaction I get when I solve a problem. It always comes naturally to me.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher?
A: My favorite teacher has got to be the GOAT, Mr. Weingarden. He always finds a way to keep you engaged. He is super funny and overall just a great person.

Q: What career path are you interested in pursuing in the future?
A: I think I’m going to go into engineering. I personally know a lot of engineers and I have had conversations with them about how they got into their field and what they do on a daily basis. I think that’s how it sparked my interest, and it also helps that math is my favorite subject.

Q: What is one thing that makes you proud to be a Berkley Bear?
A: I’m proud to be a Berkley Bear because the soccer team has made a name for itself. In my four years of Varsity soccer, I can say I’ve played in four district finals.

Q: What is your favorite memory from being a student at Berkley High School?
A: My favorite memory has to be from my sophomore year the day after winning the district final and carrying the trophy around the school.

Q: Any words of wisdom you wish to share with people reading this?
A: My words of wisdom would be two things. Time flies by fast, so make some memories and cherish these moments with your friends. Before you know it, you’re going to be off to college or whatever you decide to do after high school. Secondly, keep some tunnel vision. Set a goal and don’t lose sight of it.